Yes, anyone can book this tour. Depending on your purpose to travel to Australia there are various visa options.

If you are planning to work in Australia, you are probably looking at getting a Working Holiday Visa or a temporary working visa. However, they are limited to certain nationalities and age groups. You must be aged between 18 – 31 years and be a passport holder of the UK, USA, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Vietnam or Sweden. Check your eligibility here.

If you are not a passport holder of any of the above countries, you may still participate in our Oz Gap Year or Oz Adventure program, however, you cannot undertake any paid work whilst in Australia and we would replace the work and mail support components of the tour with additional fun activities for you.

In Sydney:
Our Sydney Gap Year program includes Australia’s best job service for travellers; Travellers At Work! Upon arrival, our Work & Travel Experts will spend time with you to establish what kind of jobs you’re looking for and where and when you’d like to work. We’ll review your CV and help you adapt it to suit Aussie employers. We’ll provide you with access to the Travellers At Work job database, so you can begin applying for jobs at your earliest convenience. If at any time you need some guidance just swing by and have a one-on-one session with one of our TAW reps who can help you out in your job search!

In Melbourne:
You’ll be set up with everything you need for the life Down Under, including a bank account, tax-number, SIM Card, lifetime membership and a 1-on-1 advice session with the local travel team.
Finding your feet in the working world overseas can be tough so we make it easy and aim to get you employed as soon as possible by including:

– One on One employment meeting
– Lifetime Access to Employer Database
– CV Writing Assistance
– Interview question advice
– Weekly Job Update E-mails
– Farm work Help and Contacts.

In Australia, Health and Safety laws require that workers in certain professions (including Hospitality & Construction) undergo compulsory basic training and become certified to be eligible for employment. All hospitality staff must hold certification known as an RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) before being eligible for employment on licensed premises. You will also need RGS (Responsible Gambling Services) certification to work in premises with gambling facilities. To work on a construction site it is a requirement that you hold an OH&S General Induction Certificate or “White Card” as it’s commonly known. Your Australia Gap Year package in Sydney includes an RSA course (valid in QLD, NT, WA & SA), plus a bar skills course.

Yes, you need a visa to enter Australia. The visa you choose will depend on the country you are from, how long you’d like to stay in Australia and whether you plan to work here. Here are your options:

3-month Tourist Visa
6-month Tourist Visa
12-month Working Holiday Visa – Ages 18 – 30 years old

For visa options, you can click here

To obtain a 2nd year visa extension, you must complete three months (or 88 days) of work in a regional part of Australia. Our travel experts can assist you in your 2nd year/3rd year visa jobs search.

As of February 2019, we learned that the Australian Government plans to update the WHV rules to change the age, location, and work requirements, as well as to offer a third-year visa option. These changes are expected to be announced in the next few months. If you’re considering the Working Holiday Visa, be sure to check the Australian Home Office website, check your Working Holiday Visa eligibility or contact Working Holiday Guide for the latest information, requirements, and restrictions before you apply.

Travelling to Australia with Grabatour Travel is easy! Here’s what you need to do: Arrange a Working Holiday Visa if you’d like to work in Oz or a tourist visa if you’d like to travel only. Book your Grabatour Australia trips. Book your flights to Australia. Arrange a travel insurance policy by clicking here. Pack your bag, grab your passport & camera and jump on that plane!

You must have access to sufficient funds to support yourself for the initial stage of your holiday in Australia and you may be asked to show evidence of this upon arrival. We suggest arriving in Australia with an equivalent of at least AU$5000. The amount you need will depend upon your travel plans and the length of stay in Australia.

Our Australia Gap Year is designed to help you make friends as soon as you arrive in Australia! Most people doing Oz Gap Year arrive alone and stay in touch with friends from the group for the rest of their trip. You’ll spend your first week having loads of fun and getting to know each other. After the week is up we can advise you on how to find a shared apartment in Sydney/Melbourne or continue travelling Australia together.

We recommend that you book your Australia Gap Year package sooner than later as dates do book out, but no worries if you’re late to make plans, we can help you out with last-minute arrival arrangements.

After booking you’ll be contacted by a Work & Travel Expert at Grabatour Travel who you can email with your questions at any time. We’ll email you a confirmation of your booking with accommodation details and an airport shuttle bus voucher. All you have to do is book your flights and we’ll take care of the rest!

We’ll pre-arrange your Airport Shuttle and email you a voucher with details instructions and contact number in case you get stuck. Your driver will be waiting at the ‘Meeting Point’ in the Sydney/Melbourne Airport arrivals area, just outside the customs area. You’ll be dropped-off at your hostel in no time.

No worries if your flights are delayed, just let us know. We will let the hostel know and arrange an adjusted airport pick up!

Plans can change and we’ll try to help as much as we can. Click here to read our full Booking Policy.

Yes, its very important. Travel insurance is not included in your package but can be arranged easily by clicking here.

Our Work & Travel Experts have been everywhere and seen everything in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji & Southeast Asia! We can plan or book everything for you and are happy to give you unbiased travel advice! No matter where you want to go and how you want to get there we’ll be able to help plan out the adventure of a lifetime for you!

Medicare is Australia’s governmental public health policy. If you are on a Working Holiday Visa you may be eligible to be covered by Medicare for the duration of your stay in Australia. Medicare is an add on, not a replacement for any other insurances you may have so you still need to have valid travel insurance! Citizens of the UK, Sweden, Finland, Norway, the Netherlands, Belgium, the Republic of Ireland and New Zealand are covered for the duration of their approved visa time in Australia. Citizens of Malta and Italy are covered by Medicare for a period of 6 months from their date of arrival in Australia. All other countries unfortunately are not eligible for Medicare support but as long as you have travel insurance you’ll be covered!

Yes. We can help you find a great place to live around the city for the duration of your stay. There are flats, apartments, serviced apartments and houses available for rent in a variety of Sydney/Melbourne suburbs. Stay 4 weeks to 1 year spending an average of $175-$350 per person per week.

If you transfer money through your bank, you could end up losing hundreds of dollars in fees. We recommend Wise with some benefits below:

Save money on transfer fees
Get better exchange rates
Free to sign up and compare with your bank
Faster International Payments.

As a working holidaymaker in Australia you may be eligible to receive a tax refund. Our tax refund experts will help you with everything, so you’ll get the maximum refund possible. When you leave Australia, we can also help you claim your superannuation refund too.



4.9/5 - (15 votes)